Friday, October 3, 2008

Nate's 33rd Birthday










Nate turned 33 just two days after Quinn was born.  So we set out to have some fun.   As hiking is something that Nate really likes to do - we headed to Crabtree Falls.  Apparently Crabtree Falls is the tallest waterfall east of the Mississippi.  Now - this is according to Wikipedia.  I was shocked to learn that they are even higher than Niagara Falls!  But clearly not quite as wide or voluminous!    

The hike follows a steep switchback, rocky trail which is quite challenging at times.  But never enough to make you say "I give up!" unlike the driveway here at the "Big House."  Your average person can burn almost 1500 calories on this 6-mile hike!  I say - well done!  

But really in this instance, the photos speak for themselves...  Go 33!


After our hike and a quick nap, we headed into Downtown Amherst - for a local fine dining experience.  And let me tell you - it wasn't so bad!  Now, downtown Amherst consists of about 5 buildings, one stop light, and a gaggle of married women out whoopin' it up while their husbands snore in the recliners at home. 

Nate ordered the ribeye.  Me, the filet.  Let me preface - the salads were delicious (and included with the entrees - hey throw back in time!) and the dressings were homemade and outstanding.  Now - the ribeye was just about the fattiest, butteriest piece of beef ever seen this side of the Mississippi (fitting as we were at Crabtree Falls earlier in the day) but of course, Nate loved it.  I too loved my beef.  For real.

There are many a "ladies night outs" here in Amherst - and Wednesday, Sept 24 was no exception.  Groups of ladies surrounded our tables and we heard many a hoot and much a hollerin'.  I guess the women 'round these parts just aren't that crazy about their old men.  And from what I overheard - I can't blame them.  

I'm a lucky lady for sure.

Happy Birthday, Nate.  33.  A fine year it will be!


posted by Marisa  

No comments:

Post a Comment