Friday, October 3, 2008

Before (and After)






Upon arriving to our new digs, here in rural Virginia,
we had quite a bit of work to do before we could even move in.  Our "cabin" in the woods needed quite a bit of clean-up, updating, de-cluttering, painting, and general good-vibing!  Luckily we were able to live up at the "Big House" that my parents have just recently finished while we worked on the cabin.  


All in all - and I guess there are still quite a few finishing touches that still need to be done - it took us about 3 weeks to get the cabin into move-in condition.  For those of you that have been here - I'm sure you'll be surprised at how different it looks these days. 

Each night while working on the cabin, we headed up to "Chez Christine" - what we affectionately call my parents' house on the top of the mountain.  My mother prepared dinner upon dinner of excellent cuisine, with every meal outdoing the last.  If you ever have the opportunity to frequent Chez Christine, you would be fortunate, indeed.  It made our lives a lot nicer to have such a wonderful place to call home base while we worked on ours.


posted by Marisa

2 comments:

  1. While "Chez Christine" is super-posh for the country life, you guys have made such a COZY little place!! I can't wait to sit in your living room over Christmas snuggled up with a hot-toddy!! I love it! And keep coming with sheep stories, they are the best.

    ReplyDelete