Things here at Ankida Ridge are progressing very nicely. Our hens have blessed us with a total of NINE eggs since our first one seven days ago. We finally got a white egg from our sole white-egg-laying hen, Blanche. The others have been all brown. They normally lay in the afternoon - so we'll see what today brings.
I'm able to pick up and hold 3 of the 4 hens. They'll let me pet them while they stare wildly at my face, wondering what I want with them.
The sheep are content and peaceful. At times I go out to their pasture and just sit with them as they chew their cud. Many of them love to be pet under their chins. They close their eyes and just stretch out to reach your hand. It's so sweet. They get along pretty well with the chickens, although sometimes if the chickens are being a bit too bold they'll nudge them or stomp at them.
No comments:
Post a Comment